Ramkrishna Paramahansa & Swami Vivekananda
This is a great conversation between Ramkrishna Paramahansa & Swami Vivekananda. Please share with the next generation or read it loud to the family members.
- Vivekanand: I can’t find free time. Life has become hectic.
Ramkrishna: Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you free.
- Vivekanand: Why has life become complicated now?
Ramkrishna: Stop analyzing life… It makes it complicated. Just live it.
- Vivekanand: Why are we then constantly unhappy?
Ramkrishna: Worrying has become your habit. That’s why you are not happy.
- Vivekanand: Why do good people always suffer?
Ramkrishna: Diamond cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials, but don’t suffer.
With that experience their life becomes better, not bitter.
- Vivekanand: You mean to say such experience is useful?
Ramkrishna: Yes. In every term, Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lessons later.
- Vivekanand: Because of so many problems, we don’t know where we are heading…
Ramkrishna: If you look outside you will not know where you are heading. Look inside. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides the way.
- Vivekanand: Does failure hurt more than moving in the right direction?
Ramkrishna: Success is a measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure as decided by you.
- Vivekanand: In tough times, how do you stay motivated?
Ramkrishna: Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessing, not what you are missing.
- Vivekanand: What surprises you about people?
Ramkrishna: When they suffer they ask, “why me?” When they prosper, they never ask “Why me?”
- Vivekanand: How can I get the best out of life?
Ramkrishna: Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.
- Vivekanand: One last question. Sometimes I feel my prayers are not answered.
Ramkrishna: There are no unanswered prayers. Keep the faith and drop the fear. Life is a mystery to solve, not a problem to resolve. Trust me. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.
For more inspiring articles, keep reading different articles on Bigthoughts.co.