PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
PMI RMP certification helps identifying the demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the specialized area of assessment and identification of the project risks.
Overview of PMI-RMP Certification
- PMI-RMP certification is designed to give aspirants a professional qualification in project risk management
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)® credential is in response to the project management field’s increasing growth, complexity and diversity
- As it is recognized and demanded globally, this certification caters to the need for a specialized role in the project risk management
- This credential helps to recognize individual’s unique expertise and competency in doing assessment and identification of the project risks, mitigation of the threats and capitalizing on the opportunities, while at the same time possessing basic skills in most of the project management areas
Benefits to An Individual
- Developing and applying the Benefits Realization Plan
- Establishing programme consistency across projects
- Establishing better alliances and collaboration with other departments and organizations
- Helps in identifying and assigning program roles and responsibilities to team members
- Helps in working with and motivating the project team members
- Understanding and better utilizing the Project Management Information System (PMIS)
Benefits to the Organisation
- Better alignment of programs and projects to the organization’s strategic goals
- Improved operational capacity of the enterprise to deliver on the proposed programs and projects
- Change impact and capacity of the enterprise to absorb the results if the programs and projects are successfully executed
- Helps in ensuring that the enterprise realizes the desired organization benefits of the strategic investments it made
- Secondary degree (diploma, associate degree, or global equivalent)
- 4500 hours of project risk management work experience
- 40 hours of project risk management learning
- 4 year degree (bachelor degree or global equivalent)
- 3000 hours of project risk management work experience
- 30 hours of project risk management learning
- Certification exam has 170 multiple choice questions and 3.5 hours are allotted to complete it.
Continuing Your PMI-RMP
- To continuing holding your PMI-RMP credential, you have to earn 30 professional development units (PDUs) in risk management topics every 3 years.
PMI Member: US$520.00
PMI Non-member: US$670.00
For more articles on project management, please visit our Project Management Section.