How To Do Meditation? – Effective Meditation Techniques and Guidelines for Mindfulness Meditation
Below are the very important and effective guidelines and techniques on how to do meditation to achieve ultimate benefits of Mindfulness Meditation:
- Sadhana should be initiated in a quite mood, consciously with awareness.
- Practice the Asanas as Sadhana and not merely a ritual.
- Early morning is most suited time, otherwise evening also will do. Sadhna should be done with empty stomach or after a gap of 4-5 hours after meals.
- Practice them at a specific place and on a dedicated carpet, as this Sadhana creates some positive vibrations.
- Sitting peacefully with body and breath awareness can make the mind quite and conductive for Sadhana.
- Pranav Sadhana with open /closed eyes and chanting of “Om” three times with vibration in “Oo” and “Ma” can have continued mental attachment with the process.
- Guru Vandana and Prayer create sense of submission and surrender, leading to increased Sakshivrutti.
- Some warming up exercises with limited dynamism should precede the process.
- Create a suitable ambience by using essence stick. The place should be sufficiently airy with normal ventilation.
- Use minimum but loose clothes in tune with our cultural background.
- As far as possible practice in “Sole” as it is a Sadhana for “Soul”
- After learning from proper guide or Guru, practice with absolute precision.
- The practice should be technique free from server insistence on it.
- Observance of Five stages is a must, as it can lead to perfection with minimum mistakes.
- Try to master the easy positions initially and then proceed for difficult one.
- Always be within your designated natural capacity and physical limitations.
- Follow the contrast indications meticulously, as it is a practice for pleasure and comfort.
- Design the Sadhana as per the time availability. There can be a combination of various positions described above. Choose at least 2 Asana from each category.
- Pranayama and Relaxation must be an integral part of Sadhana, which can give an experience of journey from gross to subtle.
- Practice of Dhyana for some time can give completeness to the Sadhana.
- Conclude the practice with Shantipath and chanting of Om once in a lower pitch with prolonged maker. Experience the inner silence for a while and open the eyes after palming.
You may be interested in reading our “Om Mediation” article, How to Practice Pranav Sadhana to Achieve Mental Peace?
For more health fitness and yoga articles, please visit our Health & Fitness Tips section.