Raja Yoga and different Yoga caused by Planets in Exaltation or Own Sign
Planets in different houses, signs, own signs and signs of exaltation gives rise to different powerful yoga that includes Raja Yoga, Bhadra Yoga, Mahapurush Yoga and so on.
- Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus or Saturn, any of these five planets in its own sign or in its sign of exaltation and in the first, fourth, seventh or tenth house from the ascendant or the Moon constitutes a Mahapurusha Yoga. Mahapurusha means a great man and the angular position of any of these five non-luminaries in an angle, as described above, ensures wealth and a good position in life.Thus Mars in Aries, Scorpio or Capricorn in an angle constitutes Ruchaka Yoga; Mercury in Gemini or Virgo in an angle constitutes Bhadra Yoga; Jupiter in an angle in Cancer, Sagittarius or Pisces constitutes Hansa Yoga; Venus in Taurus, Libra or Pisces in an angle constitutes Malavya Yoga; Saturn in Libra, Capricorn or Aquarius constitutes Shasha Yoga. These are five independent Yogas comprised by Mahapurusha Yoga.
- If 3 or more planets are in exaltation, the native becomes king. Similar result is expected if five planets are in their own signs. However if the malefics are strong, the native would be cruel and if benefics are strong, the native would be of a benevolent nature.
- Sun in Aries, Moon in Taurus and Saturn in Aquarius and one of them in the ascendant gives rise to a Raja Yoga. The native with these positions occupies a high position.
- Mercury in Gemini, Jupiter in Leo, and Mars in Scorpio and one of them in the ascendant gives the same results as mentioned above point.
- If Saturn and Moon are exalted and one of them is in the lagna house and the Sun and Mercury are in Virgo sign, Mars in Aries, Jupiter in Cancer and Venus in Libra, this terrific combination constitutes a powerful Raja Yoga.
- If the Sun, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn, all the four are in their respective signs of exaltation and one of these four is in the ascendant, it constitutes a Raja Yoga of a high order.
- The Yoga given in above point is also caused when instead of the four planets above named, only three are in their respective signs of exaltation and one of them is in the ascendant/lagna house. Again powerful Raja Yoga in lesser measure is expected.
- The yoga in the above point is also formed if instead of the four planets above-named only 2 are in their respective signs of exaltation and one of them is in the ascendant and the Moon is in Cancer. Again powerful Raja Yoga materialise.
- If the lord of the ninth house and Venus be in their own signs or in their respective signs of exaltation and posited in the first, fourth, fifth, seventh, ninth or tenth house, it is called Lakshmi Yoga. The native is expected to be wealthy and enjoys a luxurious life.
- If the lord of the sign occupied by the lord of the lagna house is in its own sign or sign of exaltation in an angle or trine from the ascendant it constitutes a Yoga. The native is expected to be powerful, rich and owner of lands. He is expected to be much respected.
- Suppose X is the sign on the ascendant and A is the lord of the sign. Now A is posited in sin Y and B is the lord of sign Y. Now suppose B occupies the sign Z and C is the lord of sing Z. Then if the planet C is in an angle or trine from the ascendant, in his own sign or sign of exaltation, the resultant Yoga is called Kahala. The native is very rich, benevolent, and wealthy.
- If exalted Moon is in the ascendant and the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are respectively in the fourth, seventh and tenth houses the native will no doubt becomes a king.
- If Saturn is in the ascendant in Capricorn, the Moon in Pisces, Mars in Gemini. Mercury in Virgo, Jupiter in Sagittarius, the native becomes a king.
- If Mars is in Capricorn sign, Jupiter in Sagittarius and if Mercury is in the ascendant in Virgo, or if Venus in Pisces is in the ascendant, the native becomes a king.
- If Jupiter is exalted in the ascendant, the Moon, Mercury and Venus are in Taurus, and the Sun in Aries, the native is very courageous and becomes a king.
- If the Moon is in the ascendant in Pisces, Saturn in Aquarius, Mars in Capricorn, and the Sun in Leo, the native becomes a ruler.
- If Mars is in the ascendant in Aries and Jupiter in Cancer, the native is endowed with many qualities and becomes a ruler.
- If Jupiter is exalted in the ascendant and Mars is in the tenth house in Aries, same results as mentioned in above point are expected.
- If Saturn is in the ascendant in Capricorn, Mars in Aries, the Moon in Cancer, Sun in Leo, Mercury in Virgo, and Venus in Libra, the native becomes an emperor.
- If Mercury is in the ascendant in Virgo, the Sun in Leo, Venus in Gemini, Moon and Jupiter in the seventh, Mars and Saturn in the fifth, the native becomes a king.
- Even one planet being exalted in the ascendant, conjoined with a friend and aspected by a friend, makes one wealthy.
- If five or more planets are in their own signs or exalted and are in angles, the native though born in an ordinary family becomes a king or equal to a king or holds an equally eminent position.
Excited with this article on planetary positions? Explore more astrology information from our Astrology Section.