PMI – CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management)
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is one of the important globally recognized credentials in the field of Project Management offered by Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Many organizations today have a new or renewed interest in project management.
- Computer hardware, software, networks, and the use of interdisciplinary and global work teams have radically changed the work environment.
- Generally IT Projects have a terrible track record.
- Only approx 16% of the IT projects were successful in meeting scope, time and cost goals.
- Passing exam and obtaining the CAPM credential demonstrates your commitment to the project management excellence.
- Globally recognized project management certification.
- Worldwide recognition of your project management knowledge.
- Improves project management skills.
- Displays your knowledge of best practices in project management.
- Enhances customer confidence.
- Global companies like Infosys, TCS, L & T, Sun Microsystems and many more value CAPM & PMP professionals.
Advantages of using Formal Project Management
- Lower costs and avoiding cost overruns.
- Better control of Resources.
- Improved Client Relationships.
- Shorter Development Time.
- Higher Profit.
- Improved Productivity.
- Higher Motivation.
- Higher Quality and Increased Reliability.
- Better Internal/External Communications.
Roadmap to CAPM
[Minimum of 1,500 hours of project experience
23 hours of project management education]
- Project Management Processes for a Project (15%)
- Project Integration Management (12%)
- Project Scope Management (11%)
- Project Time Management (12%)
- Project Cost Management (7%)
- Project Quality Management (6%)
- Project Human Resource Management (8%)
- Project Communications Management (6%)
- Project Risk Management (9%)
- Project Procurement Management (7%)
- Project Stakeholder Management (7%)
The exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions with four answers per choice.
The exam must be completed in three hours.
PMI Preparation Strategy
- Read PMBOK 5.0
- Read additional preparation guides
- Practice using Mock tests to boost your confidence to achieve magic score. There are many exam simulation software available.
For more project management related articles, visit our Project Management Articles Section