Gajakesari Yoga, Raj Yoga & Mahapurusha Yoga
Planets in different signs, different houses with combinations and permutations form different yogas like Gajakesari Yoga, Raj Yoga, Mahapurusha Yoga etc.
- Mars or Mercury or Jupiter or Venus or Saturn, any of these five planets in his own sign or in his sign of exaltation, if occupying the first, fourth, seventh or tenth house from the Lagna or ascendant or the Moon constitutes a Mahapurusha Yoga. Maha Purusha means a great man and the angular position of any of these five non-luminaries in an angle, as described above, ensures wealth and a good position in life.
Thus Mars in Aries, Scorpio or Capricorn in an angle constitutes Ruchaka Yoga; Mercury in Gemini or Virgo in an angle constitutes Bhadra Yoga; Jupiter in an angle in Cancer, Sagittarius or Pisces constitutes Hansa Yoga; Venus in Taurus, Libra or Pisces in an angle constitutes Malavya Yoga; Saturn in Libra, Capricorn or Aquarius constitutes Shasha Yoga. These are five independent Yogas comprised by Mahapurusha Yoga.
- GajaKesari yoga is formed when Jupiter and Moon are in kendra i.e. 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th from each other. Gajakesari yoga makes the native wealthy, intelligent, virtuous, attains lasting fame etc.
- If three or more planets are in exaltation, the native becomes a king. Similar is the result if five planets are in their own signs. But if the malefics are strong, the native would be cruel; if benefics are strong, the native would be of a benevolent nature.
- If the Sun is in Aries, Moon in Taurus and Saturn in Aquarius and one of these in the ascendant, it is a Raja Yoga. The native occupies a high position.
- If Mercury is in Gemini, Jupiter in Leo, and Mars in Scorpio and one of them is in the ascendant, It is a Raj Yoga.
- If Saturn and Moon be exalted and one of them is in the ascendant and the Sun and Mercury are in Virgo, Mars in Aries, Jupiter in Cancer and Venus in Libra, this combination constitutes a powerful Raja Yoga.
- If the Sun, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn, all the four are in their respective signs of exaltation and one of these four is in the ascendant, it constitutes a Raja Yoga of a high order.
- The Yoga given in the previous point above is also caused when instead of the four planets above named, only three are in their respective signs of exaltation and one of them is in the ascendant.
- The yoga in (6) above is also formed if instead of the four planets above-named only 2 are in their respective signs of exaltation and one of them is in the ascendant and the Moon is in Cancer.
- If the lord of the ninth and Venus be in their own signs or in their respective signs of exaltation and posited in the first, fourth, fifth, seventh, ninth or tenth house, it is called Lakshmi Yoga. The native is wealthy and enjoys a luxurious life.
- If the lord of the sign, occupied by the lord of the ascendant is in his own sign or sign of exaltation in an angle or trine from the ascendant it constitutes a Yoga. The native is powerful, rich and owns lands. He is much respected.
- Suppose X is the sign on the ascendant and A is the lord of the sign. Now A is posited in sign Y and B is the lord of sign Y. Now suppose B occupies the sign Z and C is the lord of sing Z. Then if the planet C is in an angle or trine from the ascendant, in his own sign or sign of exaltation, the resultant Yoga is called Kahala yoga. The native is very rich, benevolent, and wealthy.
- If exalted Moon is in the ascendant and the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are respectively in the fourth, seventh and tenth houses the native will no doubt becomes a king.
- If Saturn in Capricorn is in the ascendant, the Moon in Pisces, Mars in Gemini. Mercury in Virgo, Jupiter in Sagittarius, the native becomes a king.
- If Mars be in Capricorn, Jupiter in Sagittarius and if Mercury in Virgo is in the ascendant, or if Venus in Pisces is in the ascendant, the native becomes a king.
- If exalted Jupiter is in the ascendant, the Moon, Mercury and Venus are in Taurus, and the Sun in Aries, the native is very courageous and becomes a king.
- If the Moon in Pisces is in the ascendant, Saturn in Aquarius, Mars in Capricorn, and the Sun in Leo, the native becomes a ruler.
- If Mars in Aries is in the ascendant and Jupiter in Cancer, the native is endowed with many qualities and becomes a ruler.
- If exalted Jupiter is in the ascendant and Mars in Aries is in the tenth, native is endowed with many qualities and becomes a ruler.
- If Saturn in Capricorn is in the ascendant, Mars in Aries, the Moon in Cancer, Sun in Leo, Mercury in Virgo, and Venus in Libra, the native becomes a mighty king.
- If Mercury in Virgo is in the ascendant, the Sun in Leo, Venus in Gemini, Moon and Jupiter in the seventh, Mars and Saturn in the fifth, the native becomes a king.
- Even one planet exalted in the ascendant conjoined with a friend and aspected by a friend, makes one wealthy.
- If five or more planets are exalted or in their own signs and are in angles, the native though born in their own signs and are in angles, the native though born in an ordinary family becomes a king or equal to a king or holds an equally eminent position.
For more articles like this on gajakesari yoga, refer Astrology Articles section.